top of page

Your Wedding Ceremony & Covid

We know it's still a stressful time for so many of you, especially if your wedding is perhaps very close now but you're unsure if you should hold tight or reschedule.. There are so many contributing factors that you might need to consider ... So we're just going to jot down a few details

Currently, as of 3rd Jan 2021, all counties in the Republic is in level 5. For weddings: GUEST numbers are capped at x6. This means that the couple marrying can invite x6 guests to attend their wedding. This number does NOT include any suppliers - Solemniser, Photographer, Videographer, musicians etc...(restrictions apply, so check with your supplier )

For Civil marriages (HSE Registry office) or Church ceremonies, you would need to confirm directly with your HSE Registrar or Priest to check their maximum number, as this could differ.

The couple and contractual suppliers are allowed to travel to any county to attend a wedding. There are currently other guidelines which relate to guests traveling and other suppliers attending your day. PLEASE, check with the official website AND your venue for restrictions applying to your specific wedding.

If you are leaning towards changing your wedding date; for anyone who has or is going to change their wedding date - and in regards to the famous *#Greenfolder* (aka Marriage Registration Form, MRF). Hopefully this will help shed some light on what to do.

If you have already received your Green Folder, and you reschedule your wedding date within 6 months of the original date, there is provision on the MRF to amend details. But you need to still contact your HSE office to advise them of the changes first. They may require you to have your MRF re-issued. But you will not need to fully re-apply or pay any further fee.

If you reschedule your wedding date, and the new date is outside of 6 months, then you will have to fully re-apply to the HSE for your Notification of Intent to Marry. Once you have your new wedding date, contact your HSE office and advise them of the change. They will let you know exactly what you must do, but again, there is no additional fee. You must both arrange a date with the HSE to obtain a new MRF (Green folder). Your new application process must be arranged no less than 3 months before your new wedding date. Just like you did the first time!

If you have your wedding booked and it is maybe between 3-6 months, but you have not yet started your Notification of Intent to Marry process (and therefore don't have a Green Folder at all), you should get in contact with your nearest HSE office ASAP to start your application. The HSE will send you documentation to complete and return via post to the HSE office. This application process must be done no less than 3 months prior to your wedding date. Any questions, please feel free to contact us and we will be able to give you advice.

We also have our other Blog post on "Getting Married in Ireland";

Do have a look at that post, as it goes over all the details from the very start for any couple who is wanting to be legally married in Ireland.

As always, if you have any questions, please do feel free to use the contact page and get in touch with us.


bottom of page